skip to main content
Lingue:

Outcomes of endovascular repair for blunt thoracic aortic injury

Piffaretti, Gabriele ; Benedetto, Filippo ; Menegolo, Mirko ; Antonello, Michele ; Tarallo, Antonino ; Grego, Franco ; Spinelli, Francesco ; Castelli, Patrizio

Journal of Vascular Surgery, December 2013, Vol.58(6), pp.1483-1489 [Rivista Peer Reviewed]

Fulltext disponibile

Citazioni Citato da
  • Titolo:
    Outcomes of endovascular repair for blunt thoracic aortic injury
  • Autore: Piffaretti, Gabriele ; Benedetto, Filippo ; Menegolo, Mirko ; Antonello, Michele ; Tarallo, Antonino ; Grego, Franco ; Spinelli, Francesco ; Castelli, Patrizio
  • Note di contenuto: Consistent long-term follow-up data of thoracic endovascular repair (TEVAR) for acute blunt thoracic aortic injury (BTAI) are largely absent at this time. The late outcomes of TEVAR for BTAI are the focus of this study to evaluate the durability of this type of repair. The records of 46 consecutive cases of TEVAR for BTAI from November 2000 to August 2012 were reviewed. Patient demographics, lesion characteristics, procedure details, and outcomes were recorded. We performed a clinical and body computed tomography angiography follow-up at 1, 6, and 12 months after the intervention; thereafter, it was done on a yearly basis if device-related defects were ruled out. There were 35 (76.1%) males. Mean age was 39 ± 18 years (range, 17-92). Indications for intervention were BTAI at the aortic isthmus in 73.9% (n = 34) of the cases, and in the proximal one-half of the descending thoracic aorta in the remaining 26.1% (n = 12). Pseudoaneurysm or free...
  • Fa parte di: Journal of Vascular Surgery, December 2013, Vol.58(6), pp.1483-1489
  • Soggetti: Medicine
  • Lingua: Inglese
  • Tipo: Articolo
  • Identificativo: ISSN: 0741-5214 ; E-ISSN: 1097-6809 ; DOI: 10.1016/j.jvs.2013.05.096

Ricerca in corso nelle risorse remote ...